Training Jr. Open Water Divers
Greetings to all of you mermaids and mermen from the tropical, crystal clear waters of Bonaire. As you know, here at Carib Inn we love to treat our guest to the most personalized and unique experience as possible. One of the things that makes us proudest is the Jr. Open Water course. It’s a unique experience for kids between the ages of 10 and 14 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
What will you learn?
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development ( online, independent study or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore!
You may be able to get college credit for the Open Water Diver course.
How can you start learning now?
Enroll in Open Water Diver Online – PADI’s eLearning option – and you can start learning right away. PADI Open Water Diver Online gives you the background information you need to dive safely and allows you to study at your own pace through an interactive computer-based program. Get started now!
You can also start learning with PADI’s home-study materials – Open Water Diver TouchTM (a tablet app) or the Open Water Diver Manual and Open Water Diver Video (a book and DVD package). Contact us at email@example.com to enroll in the course, get your materials and start reading the book and watching the video. Your PADI Instructor will schedule time with you to check your progress and make sure you understand important scuba diving information.
What scuba gear will you use?
In the PADI Open Water Diver course, you learn to use basic scuba gear, including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device and a tank. The equipment you wear varies, depending upon whether you’re diving in tropical, temperate or cold water.
At the Carib Inn all the gear you’ll use during this course is included in the cost of the course. You will get advice about everything you need from your Carib Inn PADI Instructor.
Breathing underwater for the first time is something you’ll never forget, so don’t wait.
- Sign up for Open Water Diver Online and start learning right away.
- Enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course at your local PADI Dive Center or Resort.
- Try scuba diving with the Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Download a Medical Statement and Questionnaire (pdf).
- Browse the scuba certification FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions).
You can double check all this information at PADI web site: